A fun and easy Halloween treat!
- 1 (10-12 ounce) bag chocolate chips, dairy free if making vegan
- About 2 cups round shaped pretzels (you can use pretzel sticks if you can’t find round ones)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Cut, or break, the pretzels in half.
- In a heat safe bowl, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Place a non-stick mat or parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread it out into a circle. You don’t want it to be too thin or else the pretzels won’t stick in it. You can make these chocolate bark spiders as small or as large as you like.
- Place four of the half circle pretzels on each side of the chocolate. You may have to hold them in the melted chocolate for a second to secure them.
- Place two dried cranberries at the top, to act as eyes.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before eating. Store chocolate bark spiders in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
Recipe makes 15-20 spiders, depending on how large you make them.