- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2–3 cups shredded cheese, your favorite kind
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil, spiralized sweet potato and all the spices. Stir and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, with a lid on.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, lay out 6 tortillas on a large sheet pan and cover each with a small handful of shredded cheese. Top with another tortilla and sprinkle a little bit more cheese on top. Place tortillas in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once sweet potato has softened, add the black beans and enchilada sauce and cook for another 5 minutes. It may seems soupy at first, but the enchilada sauce will be absorbed as it cooks.
- To assemble: place an equal amount of sweet potato and black bean mixture on top of each cheesy tortilla and top with any other desired enchilada toppings (plain Greek yogurt, lettuce, cilantro, jalapenos, etc…)