- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tostadas*
- 1 (15 ounce) cans re-fried beans
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Recommended optional toppings: guacamole, slasa, cilantro
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil, onions and a pinch of salt. Cook onions for 3 minutes and then add the garlic, zucchini, red pepper, corn, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook vegetables for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees fierenheit. Spread each tostada with 1/4 cup re-fried beans and top with 1/3 cup vegetable mixture and 1-2 tablespoons grated cheese. Bake tostadas for about 5 minutes until beans are heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with optional desired toppings just before serving. Recipe makes approximately 8-10 tostadas depending on how much beans and vegetables you put on each one.
*I used store-bought tostadas to make this recipe even faster, but you could also bake corn tortillas at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes to make your own.