- 12 oz rotini pasta, or your favorite kind
- 1 (14 oz) container extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce (gluten free if necessary)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, tofu and Tamari. Cook tofu until browned and crispy, 10 minutes.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy, 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta, tofu, all the vegetables and the peanut dressing to a large bowl and mix until combined. Pasta salad can be enjoyed immediately or refrigerated for up to 3 days.