- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, 1 container
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly diced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly diced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup thinly diced red bell pepper
- 4 – 6 hamburger buns, gluten free or regular, or lettuce cups
Creamy Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon veganaise or mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons peanuts, unsalted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light yellow miso paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Drain the water from the tofu and pat dry. Pour olive oil into the hot pan and then crumble tofu in. Add liquid aminos, or soy sauce, and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until tofu is light brown and crispy on the outside. Set aside.
- Add all of the peanut sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked tofu, vegetables, and peanut sauce. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Scoop tofu salad mixture onto hamburger buns and enjoy!