- 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed avocado, about 2 avocados
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and avocado. Beat until creamy, about 30 seconds. Add eggs (one by one) and beat, then add vanilla and beat again.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, mixing well between each. Mix in chocolate chips and pistachios with a spoon until combined. Drop mixture in rounded tablespoons (you could also do rounded teaspoons for smaller cookies) onto a non-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Recipe yields 18-20 cookies, depending on size.
*This recipe will probably work well with regular gluten free flour or all purpose flour, but I personally have only tried it with the 1:1 gluten free baking flour.
**Recipe adapted from Trade Joe’s semi-sweet chocolate chip bag