A filling and refreshing salad!
- 4–6 cups butter lettuce
- 4 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large handful green beans
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Add the potatoes to a pot of cold water and boil until fork tender, 15-20 minutes. When potatoes are 1 minute from being done, throw the green beans in the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute and then place in a water ice bath.
- Drain the potatoes, let cool and then cut into wedges. Cut the tomato into large wedges. Slice the avocado and onion.
- Assemble the salad: place the lettuce in a large bowl and top with the potatoes, avocado, green beans, kalamata olives, onion, tomato and pesto. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Salad is best eaten immediately but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If you plan on storing it, don’t add the pesto or olive oil until ready to eat.