This Balsamic Tofu with Vegetables is full of flavor and great for a filling vegan dinner packed with protein and veggies!
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (16 oz) package super firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Start by cooking your veggies. Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Add in your diced veggies, along with some salt and pepper, and mix everything together. Let the vegetables cook until softened and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Dice the tofu into small cubes and place in a medium sized bowl. Add in the tamari and cornstarch and mix until tofu is coated with the corn starch. Heat a large pan with olive oil and then add in the coated tofu. Stir tofu in the oil and cook until tofu is crispy and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Make the balsamic sauce while the tofu is cooking. Add all sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Once the tofu is finished cooking, add the veggies back in and then pour the sauce over. Stir everything together and let the sauce cook down so that it coats the tofu and vegetables, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Balsamic Tofu Recipe