- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed drained with liquid reserved
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2–3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 8–10 pieces of bread
- Optional toppings: freshly cracked black pepper, salt, basil leaves, olive oil
- Place the beans, lemon, basil, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor and let run. Slowly add the reserved bean liquid into the food processor until desired texture is achieved. I only used about 2 teaspoons in mine. Water can also be substituted for reserved bean liquid.
- Toast bread and then spread with 2-3 tablespoons of the white bean mixture. Top each toast with sliced tomato, red onion, salt, pepper, basil leaves and a small drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
You don’t have to assemble all toasts at once, white bean dip can be kept in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
- Category: Lunch, Gluten Free, Vegan