- 1 serving of pizza dough
- 2 cups almond ricotta cheese (recipe below) or regular ricotta cheese
- 1 head of roasted garlic, about 8 – 10 cloves
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 – 3 cups arugula
- balsamic reduction sauce (recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- olive oil
Almond Ricotta Recipe:
- 2 cups blanched, or slivered, almonds, soaked in water for at least 6 hours
- 1 cup of water
- pinch of salt
- Recipe: Drain the almonds and place them in the food processor with the water and salt and blend until creamy, a few minutes.
Balsamic Reduction Recipe:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- Recipe: add the vinegar to a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, until mixture has reduced to half its size and has a thick consistency.
- Bake the pizza dough, according to directions, until it is cooked through. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, lined with parchment paper, add the cherry tomatoes and drizzle them with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake the cherry tomatoes for about 20 minutes, or until they are soft and starting to burst open.
- Place almond ricotta (if making almond ricotta you can add garlic and basil in with the almonds), or regular ricotta, into the food processor with the roasted garlic and basil and blend until all ingredients are combined. Add salt to taste.
- Spread the ricotta onto the baked pizza crust and top with cherry tomatoes, arugula, toasted pine nuts and drizzle with balsamic reduction sauce.