- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, gluten free or regular
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings: Creamy Lime Slaw (recipe linked above)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices. Place the cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet and evenly coat with 4 teaspoons of the BBQ rub and toss with 3 teaspoons olive oil. Bake cauliflower until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add the roasted cauliflower, quinoa and chickpeas to a food processor and blend for about 1 minute, until everything is broken down. Place veggie burger mixture into a large bowl and add the bread crumbs, ketchup and remaining BBQ rub. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into patties, you can make them as big or as small as you like. You should get about 6. You can either refrigerate the patties for up to 4 days for a firmer veggie burger or cook immediately.
- To cook, heat a large pan over medium heat and coat with olive oil. Cook veggie burgers for about 5 minutes on each side.
Veggie burgers can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner, Gluten Free, Vegan