This Vegan Chili is thick and delicious! Load it up with your favorite toppings for an easy and hearty weeknight meal!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (or one whole onion if small)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced tomato, or one 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 (15 oz) cans beans, drained and rinsed (I used black, pinto and kidney) If you don’t like a ton of beans in your chili you can use 2 cans.
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2–3 cups vegetable broth (I used 2 cups because I like a thick chili but you can use 3 if you like a more brothy chili)
- Heat large pot over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook until soft, 2-3 minutes, and then add garlic and bell peppers. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, refried beans, tomato paste and all the seasonings. Mix until combined and then add the broth and mix again.
- Cover chili, bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, at least 15 minutes but you can cook longer if you like.
- Serve hot with your favorite chili toppings!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the chili
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 835 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Fiber: 25 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg