This Black Bean Enchilada Casserole with Butternut Squash is so hearty and filling!
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash (see tutorial here)
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2–3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 cups cooked black beans, or 2 (15 oz) cans drained and rinsed
- 8 corn tortillas, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, divided
- Optional toppings: avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan toss together butternut squash, bell peppers, onion, olive oil and all the spices. Roast vegetables until fork tender, about 50 minutes, flipping once.
- Lower oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together the roasted veggies, black beans, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour into a large baking dish, spread out to make sure it is even and then top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake enchilada casserole until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite garnishes.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 80 mins
- Category: Dinner, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Black Bean Enchilada Casserole