- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes, about 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 + 1 pinch black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black eyed peas, or 1–15 ounce can rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 8–10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Cilantro Leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place diced sweet potatoes on a large sheet pan and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoons salt. 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and 1 pinch black pepper. Toss to coat and roast until sweet potato is tender, about 25 minutes, flipping once. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the onion, green pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook until onion and pepper soften, 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic, stir for 1 minute and then add in the black eyed peas and sweet potatoes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika. Stir and cook until heated though, 5 minutes.
- Warm tortillas and scoop about 1/4-2/3 cup of filling into each taco. Top with pomegranate seeds and desired toppings.