These Broccoli Cheddar and White Bean Quesadillas are easy to make and packed with protein! You only need a few ingredients and these quesadillas can be enjoyed for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. The broccoli is cooked with some onion and garlic to make it extra flavorful, before it’s added into the quesadillas with white beans and cheddar cheese.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 3 cups chopped broccoli, I like to chop mine pretty small
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed (canneloni or great northern)
- 4–6 medium sized tortillas
- 1 (8oz) block extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt, pepper or crushed red pepper, to taste
- Butter or oil for cooking quesadilla in
- Wash your broccoli and then chop it into small pieces. You can use both the florets and the stalks for this recipe. I like to chop my broccoli pretty small, so that it isn’t too much bigger than the white beans.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a couple teaspoons of olive oil and the diced onion. Cook onion for 1-2 minutes and then add in the broccoli, salt and pepper. Mix everything together and let broccoli cook until softened and starting to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the white beans and cook for another minute. Season with extra salt, pepper or red pepper flakes, if needed.
- Lay your tortilla flat and add about 1/4 cup grated cheese to half of the tortilla and top with a couple spoonfuls of the broccoli and white bean mixture. I like to add another small sprinkle of cheese to the top, just to help seal the quesadilla together better.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with a little olive oil or butter. Place your quesadillas into the pan and let cook for 2-4 minutes each side, until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Lunch, Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar and White Bean Quesadillas