This Butternut Squash Chili with Black Beans is so hearty and delicious! It’s freezer friendly too!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash puree (here’s how to make it!)
- 2–3 cups vegetable broth, depending on how thick you like your chili. I use about 2 cups.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook onion 2-3 minutes and then add bell peppers and garlic. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Cover chili and simmer for at least 20 minutes, but can be cooked for longer if desired. Chili is best when served warm. Top with your desired toppings.
See recipe tips above.