- 1 1/2 cup dried orzo pasta, I used gluten free corn orzo
- 1 medium squash, small diced
- 1 medium zucchini, small diced
- 1 medium red pepper, small diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced*
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, about 1½ limes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, squash, zucchini, red pepper, corn, and all seasonings. Cook for about 10 – 15 minutes until vegetables have slightly softened.
- Bring 6 – 8 cups of water to a boil. Pour orzo into the boiling water and cook according to package directions, or until orzo is tender.
- In a large bowl, mix orzo with the sauteed vegetables, sliced tomatoes, diced red onion, and avocado.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. Pour dressing over salad and stir until it is mixed in.
*If you are serving the salad immediately you can dice the avocado and add directly to the salad, but if you are planning on eating the salad for leftovers you might want to dice a few slices of avocado and place on top of the salad each time you eat it.