This Cheesy Potato Enchilada Casserole is so comforting and delicious! It’s also really easy to make!
- 6–7 cups small diced potatoes, about 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 small bell pepper, I used green
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (or about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, tomato, onion
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan toss together the potatoes, bell pepper, onion, olive oil and all the spices. Roast until potatoes are fork tender, 40-50 minutes. If you don’t have a really large sheet pan you may want to use two smaller ones so they aren’t over crowded.
- Add roasted potatoes and veggies to a large bowl along with the pinto beans, 1 cup of cheese and enchilada sauce. Mix until combined and pour into a large baking dish. Cover with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Best when served warm and topped with your favorite toppings.