- 1–2 cups of The Best Vegan Pumpkin Cheese Sauce – Link to recipe above*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 6 corn tortillas, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and onions. Saute onions for 3 minutes and then add the red pepper and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the kale, black beans, green chilies, tortillas and all the spices. Cook mixture until vegetables are softened and beans are heated through, 5-7 minutes.
- Pour desired amount of cheese sauce into the pan, mix until combined and cook for two more minutes. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
*If you don’t need all the sauce for your taco skillet, you can enjoy the remainder with chips or on pasta!