This Chunky Cherry Tomato Gazpacho is so refreshing and flavorful! It’s the perfect meal for these hot summer days and a great way to use up those cherry tomatoes! It’s topped off with crunchy and delicious mint croutons!
For the cherry tomato gazpacho:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 vine ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 medium hothouse cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the mint pesto croutons
- 2 cups spinach, or your favorite greens
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews, or your favorite nut
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced bread
- Place all of the gazpacho ingredients into a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Blend until desired consistency is reached. I like mine a little chunky but you can make it as chunky or smooth as you like. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the croutons, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the greens, mint, nutritional yeast, cashews, olive oil, garlic, lemon and salt to the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S-blade and blend until combined, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of pesto and the diced bread to a medium sized bowl and mix until all of the bread is coated. Transfer bread to the parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake until crispy, 10-12 minutes, flipping once.
- Ladle the gazpacho into bowls. Top the gazpacho with croutons and a spoonful of extra pesto, if desired.
Gazpacho can be eaten immediately or refrigerated for up to 3 days or extra flavor to develop.