This will be the creamiest hummus you’ve ever made! Enjoy as a dip, on a salad or in a wrap!
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2–3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cayenne powder, to taste
- Open the cans of chickpeas and drain them, while saving the chickpea juice. Add the chickpeas to a medium sized pot, along with the baking soda and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice and a splash of reserved chickpea juice to a food processor and blend until smooth, about 1 minutes. Next, add the chickpeas, salt, cumin and cayenne and turn the food processor on. Slowly add the chickpea juice until desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy hummus immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.