- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup sweet potato puree, homemade or canned*
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
Avocado Salsa: (optional)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, small diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with a small amount of olive oil. If corn tortillas aren’t very pliable you may need to warm on the stove or microwave for about 5 seconds each before assembling tacos.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of refried beans on half of the tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon sweet potato and a sprinkling of cheese. Fold tortilla over and repeat with remaining ingredients. Brush the top of each taco with a small amount of olive oil and bake for about 10 minutes, flipping once.
- Make the avocado salsa while tacos are baking. Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Let tacos cool for a few minutes before eating and top with avocado salsa, if desired. Recipe serves 2-3 people but can easily be adapted to make more.
*I make my sweet potato puree by peeling and dicing a medium sized sweet potato and steaming until fork tender, 15-20 mins. I tend mash the cooked sweet potato with a fork.
*If you want to freeze these, freeze separately on a cookie sheet before baking and then combine into a freezer friendly container. Or, wrap each in plastic wrap and store in a freezer friendly container. Can be frozen for up to 3 months. To bake from frozen: heat oven to 400 degrees F and bake 15-20 minutes, flipping once.