This Crispy Pita Bread Salad is so flavorful and delicious! It really highlights the fresh summer veggies!
- 3 large pieces of pita bread, I used whole wheat
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, I used a mixture of parsley, dill and mint
- 1 –2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by toasting your pita bread. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. I like to tear my pita bread into small pieces but you can also cut it with a knife. Place pita bread on a large baking sheet and toss with about 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Bake until pita bread is crispy and starting to brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes while you prepare your vegetables.
- To a large bowl, add the crispy pita bread, sliced tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, chickpeas, fresh herbs, dried oregano and garlic. Toss until combined and then add in the about 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Mix again until all ingredients are coated with the dressing. You can always add extra olive oil and red wine vinegar if desired. Feel free to add extra fresh herbs and adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad, Vegan
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crispy Pita Bread Salad