- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups peeled and diced russet potatoes, about 3 large potatoes
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon black pepper, depending on taste
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 6–7 cups vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish, if desired
- 1 (15) ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil, shallot and a pinch of salt. Cook shallot for 3 minutes and then add garlic and cook for another 1 minute. Next add the potatoes, cauliflower and the spices. Stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- While soup is cooking pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Dry the chickpeas with a paper towel and place them onto a large sheet pan. Toss with spices and cook for 25-30 minutes. Set aside until soup is finished.
- Once soup is finished cooking let it cool and then blend until creamy. You can either blend in batches in a food processor or blender or use immersion blender. Heat soup before serving.
- Top each bowl of soup with 1 tablespoon chickpeas and a few parsley leaves, if desired.