This Curried Cauliflower Salad is healthy, hearty and refreshing!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the head of cauliflower into florets and place in a steamer basket in a large pot with about 1/2 inch of water. Place over medium heat with the lid on and let cauliflower steam until just fork tender. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients to the bowl. Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a jar and whisk until combined. Pour desired amount of salad dressing over the top and mix until everything is combined. Salad can be served warm or refrigerated for up to 3 days.
The vinaigrette recipe makes a lot and you may not want to use all of it. I would suggest pouring a little bit on at first and seeing if you need more.
The fat in the recipe is so high because of the dressing, so if you don’t use it all it will be much lower.