A delicious and easy comforting vegan dish!
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can Amy’s Kitchen Curried Lentil Soup (or 2 cans if you want lots of lentil soup on top!)
- Optional garnishes: fresh cilantro leaves, cashews
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce sweet potatoes a few time each with a fork and then place them next to each other on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Bake sweet potatoes until fork tender and cooked through, 40-50 minutes.
- Make the quinoa while sweet potatoes are baking. Rinse quinoa and add it to a small saucepan with 1 cup of water or vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and cook quinoa until water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes down the center and use your hands to help open them up a little bit. Use a fork to mash the insides.
- Top each sweet potato with an equal amount of quinoa and lentil soup. Place back in the oven until everything is heated through, about 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and cashews, if desired.
Sweet potatoes can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.