- 3 cups + 1 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Coconut Milk Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar,sifted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut milk (6 tablespoons total)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12 cup bundt cake pan, sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt to a medium sized bowl and mix together. In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter and sugar. Next, add the eggs, one by one, and beat well in between each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter and sugar mixture and beat well in between each addition. Use a large spoon to stir in the grated carrots and walnuts. Pour cake batter into the cake pan and make sure it is spread out evenly.
- Bake cake until fork inserted in the center comes out clean, 70-75 minutes. Once cake is done baking let cool in cake pan for about 30 minutes and then carefully turn the cake pan over on a plate to release it. You can eat cake warm or let cool. The icing works better when cake is cooled.
- Make the icing while the cake is either baking or cooling. Add the powdered sugar and coconut milk to a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined and free of lumps. Pour icing over cake in whatever pattern you would like.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free