- 2 cups gluten free 1:1 baking flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, cooled (I used non-dairy Earth Balance)
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a doughnut pan and set aside. In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and spices. In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin brown sugar and eggs. Next add the almond milk, cooled melted butter, orange juice and orange zest and mix again until combined.
- You can either spoon the batter into the doughnut pan or you can place the batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large tip and pipe the batter in. Make sure batter isn’t overflowing. Bake doughnuts until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 12 minutes. Carefully remove doughnuts from the pan and let cool on a rack. Re-peat process with remaining batter. You should be able to get 12 doughnuts from this recipe.
- Make the glaze: Add all glaze ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until you have a smooth glaze with no lumps. Spoon desired amount of glaze over each doughnut and enjoy!