These Guacamole Tostadas are made with delicious black bean tortillas and are perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup refried black beans, or pinto
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- Guacamole, homemade or store-bought
- Optional toppings: cheese, pickled onions, jalapeños, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce
- Add the flour and spices to a medium sized bowl and mix. Next, add the refried beans and 2-3 tablespoons water. The amount of water will depend on how watery or dry your beans are. Use a fork to start mixing the beans into the flour and then use your hands to knead the dough and form it into a ball.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add a few teaspoons of olive oil. Pinch off a little bit of the dough and form it into a ball. Place the ball between two pieces of parchment paper and press down with a large glass until you get a circle that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the tortilla into the hot pan and cook a few minutes each side, until browned. Remove from the skillet and let cool for a few minutes.
- Top with a big spoonful of guacamole, spread over the tortilla and then top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!