These Healthy Banana Muffins are sweetened with only banana and are made in just one bowl! Perfect for kids!
- 3 extra large bananas or 4 regular sized, mashed
- 1 flax egg (1 heaping tablespoon ground flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water, let sit for 2 minutes)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional but so good!
- 1 cup almond milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 cups flour, I used 1 cup all purpose and 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Add the bananas to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Next, add the flax egg, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract and almond extract. Whisk until combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until everything is mixed together and batter is formed.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the batter into a greased 12 cup muffin tin and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean or muffins feel firm to the touch, 25-30 minutes. Leave the muffins in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Muffins can be frozen in a freezer friendly airtight container for up to 6 months.