A healthy and delicious breakfast that is great on the go!
- 4 cups rolled oats, certified gluten free if necessary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/3 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a standard size muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, baking powder, salt and all the spices. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup (I used a large ice cream scoop) and use the bottom of it to even out the top. Bake oatmeal cups until cooked through, 20-25 minutes. Recipe makes about 18 baked oatmeal cups.
These can be frozen by wrapping individually and storing in an airtight bag or container for up to 3 months. They can be thawed in the microwave or oven.