These Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins are easy to make and perfect for breakfast or snacks!
- 2 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, use refined if you don’t want any coconut taste
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil and coconut sugar and mix until combined. Next, add the eggs one by one and mix. Add the maple syrup and vanilla and mix again.
- In two parts, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix well. Next add the pumpkin puree and mix again.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the batter into the muffin tin. Bake muffins until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Let muffins cool in the muffin tin for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Recipe makes about 14 muffins.
Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, orange zest
Store muffins in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or on the counter for up to 3-4 days.
Muffins can be frozen in a freezer friendly airtight container for up to 3 months.