This Herby Parmesan Tomato Pasta Salad is so bright and flavorful! It’s great for dinner, lunch or a potluck side dish!
- 1 lb dry pasta, I used shells
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used the kind you buy in a shaker)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, or more if desired
- 2–3 cups diced tomatoes, I used a mixture of cherry, Roma and regular
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1–2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, basil, oregano, dill, cilantro
- Salt and Black Pepper, To taste
- Start by cooking your pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in dry pasta and a big pinch of salt (optional). Cook pasta according to package directions, drain pasta and add it back to the pot or to a large bowl. Add a teaspoon or two of olive oil, mix pasta together and let cool, 15-20 minutes. You can also run the pasta under cold water for a faster cooling down process.
- To the cooled pasta, add the olive oil, vinegar and parmesan cheese. Mix well until everything is combined. Next, add the tomatoes, chickpeas, garlic, fresh herbs and salt and pepper. Mix everything together, give it a taste and adjust seasonings/ingredients to your liking.
See notes in post or comment with any questions!
- Category: Vegetarian, Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Herby Parmesan Tomato Pasta Salad