A healthy and filling Mexican inspired dinner!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, any kind you like
- 1 (20 oz) can jackfruit, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1/4 + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 12 corn tortillas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook onion for 3 minutes and then add the jackfruit, spices, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, 1/4 cup of salsa and water. Stir until combined and let cook until jackfruit is tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- Use a spatula to break apart the jackfruit until it resembles pulled meat. Add the pinto beans, nutritional yeast, remaining 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir until combined and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup of the mixture in the center of each tortilla, spread it out into a little log and roll tightly. You may need to heat your tortillas in the microwave or on the stovetop in order for them to roll without breaking.
- Place taquitos on a large baking sheet and bake until browned on each side, about 20 minutes, flipping once.
- Serving Size: 3 Taquitos
- Calories: 664
- Sugar: 34 g
- Sodium: 911 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 138 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg