These Kale Caesar Salad Pitas are fresh, filling and healthy! Great for lunch or dinner!
- 1 large bunch curly kale
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 big pinch salt
- 1 cup croutons
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad dressing (my recipe below)
- Pita Bread
Caesar Salad Dressing:
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 30 minutes
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash kale, remove the stems, chop into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, chickpeas, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Stir and cook until chickpeas are warmed through and crispy, 7-10 minutes.
- If making your own caesar dressing, add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until creamy.
- Add the chickpeas, croutons and 3/4 cup of dressing to the bowl with the kale and mix until combined. If desired, heat pita bread until warm and stuff it with kale mixture. Top with extra grated parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Lunch, Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Kale Caesar Salad Pitas