- 1/2 cup dried orzo
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 cup tofu ricotta, or regular (tofu ricotta recipe below)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, vegan or regular
- Cooking spray, or olive oil
- Black pepper
Tofu Ricotta: makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 14 ounces firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or dried parsley
- Cook orzo according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each zucchini in half, lengthwise, and use a spoon so scoop out the seeds. You want enough room to add the filling.
- Spray zucchini with cooking spray, or brush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake until just tender, about 15 minutes, flipping once.
- Add all tofu ricotta ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the ricotta mixture to the orzo and mix until combined.
- To each zucchini boat add: a few spoonfuls of the ricotta/orzo mixture (1/8 of the mixture) and then top with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese. Repeat until all zucchini boats are stuffed.
- Bake zucchini boats until cheese is melted and filling is hot, 15-20 minutes. Enjoy immediately!