- 2 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, about 3 limes
- 2/3 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, 2 – 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 pinch of salt
- A 5–6 ounce package of graham crackers or your favorite cookie, gluten free or regular
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 2 cans of coconut cream, chilled overnight
- pure maple syrup, to taste
- coconut or brown sugar, to taste
- In a food processor (or blender), fitted with a metal blade, add the soaked cashews, lime juice and almond milk. Mix for 1 – 2 minutes and then add in the lime zest, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and salt. Mix for about 1 more minute and then finally add in the spinach leaves. Mix for 2 – 3 minutes until everything is mixed together and you have a creamy mixture. Scoop mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour (optional, but will firm it up a little bit).
- Take the cans of coconut cream out of the refrigerator and turn them upside down. Open the cans and pour out the liquid. Scoop the remaining creamy mixture into a large bowl. Whip mixture, using an electric mixer, for about 1 minute until it resembles whipped cream with stiff peaks. Add maple syrup and sugar to taste and then mix for another 30 seconds.
- Place graham crackers into a medium sized bowl and crush them using the bottom of a cup.
- In a mason jar, or a bowl, layer the lime cashew mixture with the crushed cookies and whipped coconut cream. You can layer in any order that you want and you can make the layers as big as you like. Enjoy!