You can’t go wrong with a classic broccoli cheddar flavor!
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water, let sit 2-3 minutes)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (you can use vegan cheese or regular)
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli, if broccoli has a lot of water you will want to squeeze all the water out and then measure the 1 cup afterwards.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or use silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and flax egg and mix until combined.
- Next, mix in 1 cup cheddar cheese and the broccoli. I like to let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes so the oats can absorb the milk for more even cooking.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the quinoa cup mixture into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on the top of each oatmeal cup. Bake cups until cooked through and firm, 15-18 minutes. Let sit in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.