The pesto gives these oatmeal cups so much flavor!
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water, let sit 2-3 minutes)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, I like to discard the seeds so I don’t add too much extra liquid
- 3/4 cups pesto
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or use silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and flax egg and mix until combined.
- Next, add the tomatoes and pesto.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the oat mixture into the muffin tin. Bake cups until cooked through and firm, about 20 – 23 minutes. Let sit in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.