This Maple Chili Glazed Tofu is easy to make, full of flavor and perfect for a vegan holiday main dish!
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Maple Chili Glaze:
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Press as much water out of the tofu as you can and cut it into pieces. You can do large pieces or small pieces. Place the tofu in a bowl and sprinkle with tamari and cornstarch. Carefully mix until each piece of tofu is coated.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once oil is heated, carefully place the tofu in and let cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy. Drain any excess oil of the pan.
- Make the glaze while the tofu is cooking. Add all glaze ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Pour over the tofu and cook until the glaze has thickened and can coat the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Best when served hot but can also be reheated at a later time.