- 6 cups mixed berries, I used blueberries, raspberries & blackberries
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, I used dairy free gluten free chocolate chips
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, certified gluten free if necessary
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter, or regular butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- Top with vanilla coconut milk ice cream or regular vanilla ice cream if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, add all of the filling ingredients and mix until combined and sugar and cornstarch are dissolved. Pour mixture into a 12 inch cast iron skillet, or an oven safe dish with similar measurements*.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all of the topping ingredients. Using your hands, incorporate the butter with the rest of the ingredients until a soft crumbly mixture is formed. Evenly distribute the topping over the berry mixture. Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Eat warm or cold, enjoy with ice cream if desired.
Topping mixture is enough for a 12 inch cast iron skillet, if using a smaller pan you may not need to use all of it