This Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake is creamy, full of flavor and so easy to make! It tastes just like regular cheesecake but is made with cashews and contains no dairy!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 20 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, use refined for no coconut taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the walnuts, dates and pinch of salt to a food processor and blend until mixture is broken down and will stick together in your fingers, 1-2 minutes.
- Place a circle of parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan (you can use a smaller one if you want the cheesecake to be taller). Pour the crust mixture into the pan and press down in an even layer with your fingers or the bottom of a glass.
- Add all of the cheesecake filling ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour the filling into the pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours, overnight is best.
- Let cheesecake thaw for about 15 minutes before cutting. Top with whipped cream and candied walnuts, if desired.