- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of beans, drained and rinsed (I used pinto and black)
- 1 (8.5 ounce) can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, juice included
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups elbow pasta, gluten free if necessary
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil and onions. Cook onions for 2 minutes and then add the peppers, zucchini, and summer squash. Cook vegetables until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Next, add the beans, corn, canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir until everything is combined and then add all the seasonings, broth and noodles.
- Stir everything, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer chili mac until noodles are cooked, about 20 minutes. Enjoy with toppings of your choice.