- 2 pounds russet potatoes, about 4 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch chunks. Place potato chunks into a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil and boil until fork tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Add milk and butter and mash with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached. Add parmesan, wasabi, and salt and mix until all ingredients are combined.