These Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars are easy to make and so delicious! They’re great for both kids and adults!
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup jelly, I used raspberry
1 1/2 cups diced fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Next, add the vanilla, almond milk, flax egg and peanut butter and beat again.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until the dough is crumbly in texture but holds together when you squeeze it between your fingers. Add the oats and mix again just until oats are mixed in.
- Add all filling ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Set aside 1 cup of the cookie batter. Press the remaining cookie batter into the bottom of the parchment lined pan. Pour jelly mixture over top and smooth until it forms an even layer. Use your fingers to evenly sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cookie dough crumbles on top and then bake until cooked through, 35-40 minutes.
- Chill Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars for at least an hour, overnight in the refrigerator is best. Slice into desired sizes and enjoy!