This Pesto Pasta with Summer Vegetables is the perfect meal to add to your summer dinner rotation!
- 16 ounces pasta, your favorite kind
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 1 medium sized summer squash, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup pesto, store-bought or homemade
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, zucchini, squash, red pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook veggies until browned and caramelized, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add back to the pot, along with the cooked vegetables. Add in the pesto sauce and mix until everything is combined. Best when served immediately.
Pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.