- 1 pre-made pizza crust or recipe for pizza dough, I used gluten free
- 2 – 3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese, or more depending on how cheesy you want it. (I used vegan cheese)
- Roasted red pepper flakes, if desired
Fresh Basil Pesto:
- 4 cups basil leaves, mostly packed
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pre-bake pizza crust if necessary. Pre-heat oven to temperature required by pizza crust that you are using.
- Add all pesto ingredients, except for the olive oil, to a food processor or blender and turn on low. Slowly pour the oil in and blend until everything is combined.
- Evenly spread the pesto onto the pizza. Top with cheese and roma tomato slices. Bake pizza until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted. Top with roasted red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Makes 1-14 inch pizza.