This Primavera Pasta Salad is loaded with tons of fresh spring vegetable and is perfect for a picnic, BBQ or potluck!
- 14 ounces pasta, your favorite kind
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly diced red bell pepper (about one medium pepper)
- 1 cup small diced broccoli florets
- 1 cup sweet peas, if using frozen make sure to thaw first
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Vegan Parmesan Cheese:
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Once finished cooking, rinse under cold water and place into a large bowl.
- Add the cashews and nutrimental yeast to a food processor and blend until cashews are the size of breadcrumbs.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a jar, or small bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Add all vegetables and parsley to the noodles and mix well. Pour desired amount of dressing over pasta salad (You might not want to use all of it) and mix again.
- Sprinkle the vegan parmesan over top of the pasta and toss again. You can use however much vegan parmesan cheese you want. I like a lot on mine!
This pasta salad is usually served cold. It can be made a head of time and refrigerated until ready to eat. I would just recommend not adding the vegan parmesan until you are ready to eat it. Pasta will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.