These Pumpkin Quesadillas with Black Beans and Green Chile are a delicious way to start out your September meal plan!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more if you like
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted Green Chile (I used canned)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray or oil of choice
- Add pumpkin puree and spices to a small bowl and mix until combined. Heat a large pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or add a small amount of oil.
- Lay tortilla play and spread one half of it with a small amount of pumpkin puree and then top with desired amount of black beans, green Chile and grated cheese. Fold the other side of the tortilla over and place in the pan. I like to place them cheese side down so it melts quickly.
- Cook quesadillas for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden grown. Cut into triangle and enjoy!