- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 –15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained – or 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup small diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 radishes, small diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 6–8 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon herbs de provence or dried oregano
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, corn, onion, radishes, garlic, dill and parsley. Squeeze the lemon over the salad and mix again.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until combined. Add salt to taste, if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut the tops of the tomatoes off on an angle and then scoop out the insides using a spoon.
- Lightly salt and pepper the insides of the tomatoes and then spoon the quinoa and chickpea mixture in.
- Category: Lunch, Side, Gluten Free, Vegan